Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Rain Barrels

Dear Anne, I plan to do a small garden this year and I want to know where is the most reasonable place to get a rain barrel?

I would like to get one from the City of Raleigh so maybe they can take money off my bill if they do that. Please let me know how beneficial you think rain barrels will be this coming year.

Thank you, Pat

Anne's Response:

The City of Raleigh has been selling Rain Barrels at their facility on Peace Street. I think the past year has taught us that we need to have a source of water other than our drinking water for use in the garden.

This past drought will be repeated many times in future years as the population of the city grows. I will be filming a segment on rain barrels to be run in late March or early April.

No comments: