Friday, November 9, 2007

Plum delight loropetulum

Anne, I have 14 plum delight loropetulum's planted in front of my house.I want to move them to another location. They are around 4 years old. I have to prune them two to three times a year to keep them small. My question is about the root system. Do they have shallow or deep roots? I was told the best time to move them was in Oct. or Nov. What are your thoughts on this?

Thank you, Rena L.

Anne's response:

The plants may be moved during the fall if you are going to be able to keep them watered. You can expect a to remove a root ball at least as wide as the outer edges of the plant and about 10-12 inches deep. They should be replanted to a hole that is no deeper than the one from which they were removed and at least 10 inches wider.

No comments: