Friday, February 22, 2008

Catching the rain

Anne,

With the current water restrictions I don't see how I can plant my garden this year unless I have a system for capturing large amounts of rain.

I suppose many of the swimming pool installers are not getting much new business. Seems like pools for holding large amounts of captured rain water would be a good new business area for them.

Have you heard of any swimming pool installers moving in that direction? Or do you know of anyone in the business of creating large, economical containers for holding captured rain?

Jim A.

Anne's Response:

There are several firms marketing and installing cisterns and rain barrels in this area. You might check the website for RainWaterSolutions.com. The enclosed systems are better than an open “swimming pool” because you don’t have problems with mosquitoes.

No comments: