Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Plant carnivores

Hi Anne,

First, I do enjoy your program so much. As a gardening illiterate I have started trying to do some gardening thanks to you.

My questions are concerning your presentation on plant carnivores. In the winter how do you protect the plants, what do you feed them in the winter, and are they animal friendly (dogs and horses)?

Thank you for your time.

Maggie C., Durham

Anne's response:

My own plants stay outside in their pots all winter. They are in a protected area near the house and the temperatures in the Raleigh area have not been cold enough to freeze the soil in the last 4 years. They are not poisonous to pets and thus far the deer, squirrels, cats and dogs that check out my plants on a regular basis have not found the plants very interesting either.

No comments: